Thursday 28 March 2013

Something unexpected happened yesterday March 28, 2013 *185.8

I have been taking care of my mom's house for the last few months while she is snow birding it in the US. I dont do much, just pick up mail, and make sure everything is ok. Yesterday, I decided to clean her house a bit. The minute I walked in, I felt faint and weak.

I already know I have low blood sugar, which surprisingly, my diet has been helping. I had eaten a good breakfast, but I thought I was going to faint. I found some nuts, then I opened the holy grail. I found chocolate/orange icecream in  her freezer.

When I came out of my crazy icecream fantasy, I had found I had eaten tooooo many cals. Instead of freaking out, and saying oh the hell with it, lets eat everything. I kept my cals low for the rest of the day, and in the end I was almost within my daily calorie alotement.

What was kind of unexpected, was my overwhelming urge to eat. I finally figured out it was because I was at my mom's house. I always  overeat there. I stress/binge/emotional/boredom eat whenever I am at her house, or around her.

I guess it is a good thing that she has been gone for awhile. It let me diet in peace, take time to learn about my triggers, and how to deal with them. Now I have to think of a plan on how to deal with my Mamma's House!

BTW! I weighed in at 185.8 lbs! 

11 comments:

  1. It is amazing how powerful emotions are when it comes to food. Congratulations on the great weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. It is hard work trying to figure out all my triggers.

      Delete
  2. you should really be proud of yourself for not letting go completely and sticking to low calories for the rest of the day. I think that decision just shows how far you have come and how much you have improved :) congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews