Wednesday 20 February 2013

Homemade Dish Soap

Homemade Dish Soap
I made Homemade Laundry Detergent last month, and I love loved it. I bought some Downy Balls and use Orange infused vinegar as a rinse. I absolutely love it. I will not go back to commercial laundry detergent.

Now I have made....Homemade Dish Soap. 
 
Soap after grated and buzzed
Ingredients:

*1 1/2 cup Boiling Water (I had to add more water, because it was too solid)
*1 Tbsp of Washing Soda
*1 Tbsp of grated bar of soap ( I use Sunlight, and I cant stress enough that it has to be grated fine)
* 1 Tbsp of Vinegar
*Drops of essential oils

Directions:

*Heat water to boiling.
*I use a 2 cup glass measuring cup. It makes it easier for clean up, and pouring the soap after.
*Add your soap, and Washing Soda, and mix until grated soap has melted.
*Let mixture to cool on the counter top for 6-8 hours, giving it a stir every now and then.
Mixture in my blender
*I noticed it started to gel within 5 minutes
*I also noticed the grated soap still had not melted away. Definetly will have to have smaller pieces of soap. It would have made making this sooo much easier. 
* After 6-8 hours, your soap will be ready to pour into your container.

***Edited to add
I ended up doing this a second time. The grated soap just never ended up melting completely. I used my  blender, and blended the grated pieces (I had grated two bars) until they were like corn meal. I went through the whole process again, and I still had a hard time getting everything to melt. So I put the mixture in my blender again! I buzzed the crap out of it, and yahoo it worked. I will keep it in there and buzz through out the day.
 

FYI...I didn't throw out the first batch. I added a tbsp of it to my laundry until I used it all up.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say...I did not find it cut the grease enough. I ended up buying an eco friendly dish soap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews